Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sales flyer crazy

I gotta say that I have found a new addiction. The Sunday paper's sales flyers are MINE in our house. As soon as I get the paper, they are pulled out, sorted, and put in order of importance. CVS always has the really good deals and freebies, so that goes on top. Rite Aid with its rebates is pretty good, so that's next. Price Chopper will go next, especially if they have any double or triple coupons on the front page. The rest fall in place after.... Then out come the coupon inserts. I skim to see what's in there so that I can know what is on sale AND I have coupons for (dollar signs in my eyes!). I hand my coupons off to one of my kiddos to clip, grab a pen and paper and hit the sales flyers, listing off the really good deals. After I've got my list together, I grab my coupon box and start matching up. Anything that I can get for next to nothing stays on the list, and the rest are mercilessly scratched off. Every once in a while we'll buy something that's not on sale, but that's not nearly as exciting :). Anyway, it's strangely fun - kind of like a treasure hunt, and with money stuff the way it is right now., every little bit helps!

No comments: