Saturday, September 6, 2008

Garage sale failure

We had a garage sale today and it was an abysmal failur. I had hoped to clear some clutter out of our home at the same time as making a few dollars, and when all was said and done I ended up netting about 75 cents!!! My girls did a little better, but our total was still under $20!! That's very very sad for being up and setting up by 7 am, and being outside "working" until 3:00 pm. We had signs. We ran an ad in the paper. We had eye catchers up front. We had a free box. We did it all right. It did rain all day, quite heavily at first, so I'm guessing that's what did us in. Sighhhhhh.... There is a town wide one coming up soon, so since everything is labeled and sorted, I guess we'll try once more. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments: